Data Management and Probability
Be sure to check out the Guide to Effective Instruction Data Management and Probability Grades 4 to 6 to help with planning and instruction.
Visit these linktolearning.com sites which will take you to some fun online activities and resources.
2. Virtual Bar Graph – create and print
1. University of Waterloo Invitations to Mathematics resources – main website (http://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/resources/invitations-to-math.html)
Investigations in Probability: “Counting on Probability”, Grade 4
Investigations in Probability: “Let’s Play Fair”, Grade 5
Investigations in Probability: “Probability in Action”, Grade 6
2. Turtle Survival: What are the Odds? – this resource integrates math with science. Students examine the survival rates of the at-risk turtle population (produced in collaboration with the Renfrew County Stewardship Council and the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, found at www.bonnecherepark.on.ca).
3. Making a Game of It! and What are the Odds? (both 2001) – Two integrated units for grades 5/6 written by Ontario teachers (note: former curriculum).
5. Tree Diagrams – Slideshow with examples
6. Tree Diagrams – Online practice questions
Leave a comment