Three-part Lessons and Bansho
1. What do 3-part lessons look like? Visit Runde’s Room to read about this teacher’s experience with 3-part lesson planning and delivery.
2. Three-part lessons – What is a Math Congress? (teachingrocks.ca)
3. Three-part lessons – What is a Gallery Walk? (teachingrocks.ca)
4. Article – Sketch of Three-Part Lesson (Professionally Speaking, 2007)
1. What is Bansho? (Professionally Speaking, OCT website)
2. Using Ontario Bansho – A Collective Thinkpad – a slideshow presented by the Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat, OAME conference (2007).
3. Improving Blackboard Organization to Enhance Students’ Mathematical Thinking and Understanding (globaledresources.com)
5. Posters for Talking About Math – Question Prompts – these are great to use when working with small groups or for consolidating student learning at the the end of a three-part math lesson.
Instructional Videos for Teachers
1. Co-planning, Co-teaching and Supporting Student Learning (Ontario Ministry of Education, 2011)