Geometry and Spatial Sense
Be sure to check out the Guide to Effective Instruction Geometry and Spatial Sense, Grades 4 to 6 for help with planning and instruction.
1. University of Waterloo Invitations to Mathematics resources – main website (http://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/resources/invitations-to-math.html), The Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (2010)
2. Geometry Glog – Check out my Glogster page for activities and links that relate to this math strand!
3. Geometry Links – an extensive list of websites, c/o the Illuminations website
5. Polygon Puzzlers – A unit for Grades 4/5 created in 2001 by Ontario teachers who designed the resource with the Ontario Curriculum Unit Planner.
6. Polygon Quilt Game / Polygon Quilt Game Mat – Students have fun while combining and transforming basic geometric shapes – a great activity for starting off a unit or lesson that all students will enjoy and be able to participate.
8. Lesson – Investigating Tessellations Using Activity Pattern Blocks (mathforum.org)
9. Symmetry and Tessellations Activity Links (Jill Britton)
10. Polyhedra in the Classroom (mathforum.org)
11. Tantalizing Tessellations! (an integrated math, language, and visual arts unit, create by mathcentral.uregina.ca)