Be sure to check out the Guide to Effective Instruction: Measurement Grades 4 to 6 to support your planning and instruction in this strand.
Also watch the eWorkshop.ca Measurement video for further assistance with pedagogy and instruction.
Pre/Post Assessments (Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board)
Resources/Units that address several expectations (e.g., units, time, length, area, surface area, volume)
1. Grade 6 Activities and Rubric (eWorkshop.ca)
2. University of Waterloo Invitations to Mathematics resources – main website (http://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/resources/invitations-to-math.html), The Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (2010)
Investigations in Measurement: “Around and About”, Grade 4
Investigations in Measurement: “Inside and Out”, Grade 5
Investigations in Measurement: “Measures and Magnitudes”, Grade 6
3. Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board Measurement Resources
1. Measurement and Time printables (teachervision.com)
2. Telling Time Bingo (can be adjusted for students to practice reading time on a 24-hour clock and/or learning about time zones).
Area and Perimeter
1. This unit is posted on the Ottawa Bansho WordPress site (http://ottawabansho.wordpress.com/). You will find resources for teaching three-part lessons, including sample assessments and examples of student work.
Leave a comment