Be sure to check out the Guide to Effective Instruction: Measurement Grades 4 to 6 to support your planning and instruction in this strand.
Also watch the eWorkshop.ca Measurement video for further assistance with pedagogy and instruction.
Pre/Post Assessments (Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board)
Resources/Units that address several expectations (e.g., units, time, length, area, surface area, volume)
2. University of Waterloo Invitations to Mathematics resources – main website (http://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/resources/invitations-to-math.html), The Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (2010)
3. Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board Measurement Resources
1. Measurement and Time printables (teachervision.com)
2. Telling Time Bingo (can be adjusted for students to practice reading time on a 24-hour clock and/or learning about time zones).
Area and Perimeter
1. This unit is posted on the Ottawa Bansho WordPress site (http://ottawabansho.wordpress.com/). You will find resources for teaching three-part lessons, including sample assessments and examples of student work.